Thursday 5 June 2014

Jamberry Nails - My New Favourite Beauty Product for Busy Moms!

*Note: Since I've completed this review I have signed up as a Jamberry Nail Consultant. How couldn't I? I just love this beauty product and had to share it with all my family and friends! If you'd like to make an order, you can do so by following this link.

Motherhood asks a lot of us, but one thing I refuse to let it take away is my desire to feel ‘put together’. Not saying that I didn’t rock the new mom uniform of sweat pants and a top knot during my maternity leave, because I sure did and I enjoyed every moment of it! What I mean is that I have always been pretty determined to take the time I need for myself to still feel they way I did about my appearance before I had Gemma. But, I’ve had to find ways to be more efficient in this process.

So today I want to share with you my new favourite beauty product for busy moms like us – Jamberry nail wraps. This product solves the following dilemma regarding our nails: to paint, or not to paint.
Early on in motherhood I thought about doing my nails, but then it dawned on me that Gemma would in all likelihood be up crying by the time I painted them. IF I was lucky enough to get them painted and dry before I had to feed her, then I knew my nails were going to start chipping mere hours later since I was constantly washing my hands and opening all the packaging baby stuff seems to come with. And sure, I guess I could’ve gotten my nails done by the pros, but I could never justify spending that kind of money and time on maternity leave, not to mention the exposure to nasty chemicals at the salon.
I had written off my nails entirely.

Until I met my friend Mallory. She introduced me to these amazing Jamberry nail wraps. They are similar to the nail stickers Essie and Sally Hansen sells at the drug store, but far superior. These babies have intense glue that softens when you heat them up with a heater/hair dryer. You simply choose the wrap that fits your nail bed the best, trim to size, heat up the wrap, plop on your nail, and voila, beautiful nails!
My Jamberry Nails this week - Gold and Vintage Chic

The best thing about this product is that they have serious lasting power. They stay on your nails for a good two weeks, with no chipping! And since there is no drying time, it doesn’t matter if baby wakes up in the middle of your manicure. All my nail problems solved.
I also have pretty thin, brittle nails that break easily. I find my nails are way less likely to break with my Jams on. I’ve been wearing these consistently for about a month, and my nails are the longest they’ve been since when I was pregnant when all those lovely hormones kept my nails and hair strong and thick.

Now, beware, if you’re one who struggles with decision-making, Jamberry might be a problem for you. There are literally hundreds of styles, from solid colours, to ombre, to sparkles, to any pattern you can imagine. Not to mention metallics – silver, gold and rose gold! Before I made my first order, I spent a LONG time staring at the catalogue, having a hard time choosing which 4 styles to buy.
That brings me to pricing. At around 17.00 a sheet—a single sheet provides enough wraps to do multiple manicures and pedicures--these are way cheaper than paying an esthetician to do your nails. And they have a great deal, buy 3 sheets and get the 4th sheet free!

Can you tell I am enthusiastic about Jamberry? It’s not often I find a product that is affordable, practical and suits my sense of style. I just had to share.
I’m excited that this week I am giving away a Jamberry ‘Jamicure in a Jar’ that includes everything you need for your first manicure. To be part of my giveaway, please go to my facebook page and like it, share THIS post on your wall, and then let me know that you have done so by commenting on my facebook page. You will be entered in to the draw on Monday, June 9. You don’t have to live nearby to enter--I’ll gladly send your jamicure to you, wherever you are!

To see the full Jamberry catalogue, click here.

To doing motherhood in style, Dion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...